You can cancel or change your reservation— no change fees!
Unexpected mishap while on vacation? We’ve got you covered! Our Travel Protection Plus helps give you some peace of mind, before and during travel. Cancel or change your vacation at any time, guarantee our lowest price on select vacations, receive coverage during travel and more.
What is Travel Protection Plus?
Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver provided by Apple Vacations (non-insurance features)
- Cancel for Any Reason: You may cancel your vacation for ANY reason prior to departure and receive a full refund for your vacation, less the cost of the Travel Protection plan, including non-refundable airfares booked through Apple Vacations.* Non-refundable hotel rates are not included. Your refund is made in the original form of payment unless at the time of purchase you elect to receive a portion or all of your refund in the form of Apple Vacations travel credits**.
- Price Guarantee***: Guarantees the lowest price on the vacation booking! If the price of the hotel or Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flight on your vacation drops after booking the reservation, just let us know and we’ll adjust the reservation to the lower price. Valid on Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Central America vacations.
- No Change Fees*: Need to make a change? Any Apple Vacations fees for the FIRST instance are automatically waived with no charge or reactivation.
- * Note to Minnesota, Missouri and New York residents only: You are not required to purchase the Post-Departure Travel Insurance in order to purchase the Pre-Departure Penalty Waiver. Contact 1-877-538-3815 for details.
- Hurricane Travel Credit*^: If a Category One or greater hurricane disrupts a vacation for 24 hours or more, travelers will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a future vacation discount certificate. Valid for reservations departing June through November.
**Travel credit policies:
- Valid for travel commencing 12 months from date of issue of the travel credit.
- Non-refundable, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and must be used by expiration date.
- Will be issued in the names of the passengers on the original reservation.
- Must be applied to the same ALGV brand as the original booking.
- All refunds must be requested within 60 days of the date of cancellation.
- Any cash refunds not requested within 60 days will be given in the form of travel credits.
Post-Departure Travel Insurance Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
- Trip Interruption: Reimburses (up to the total trip cost) unused hotel arrangements plus additional costs to change or purchase a new airline ticket if you can’t travel due to circumstances such as illness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion, jury duty, subpoena, or a traffic accident on the way to the airport.
- Travel Delay: Reimburses additional transportation costs or unused hotel arrangements should you be delayed 6 or more hours due to a covered reason, such as adverse weather or unannounced strike. The plan reimburses you up to $500 for the unused portion of your trip, additional accommodations, meals and “catch up” transportation expenses.
- Emergency Evacuation: Under certain circumstances detailed in the Plan, the Plan can pay for the transportation expenses Incurred to evacuate You to the nearest qualified hospital and/or to return you home.
- Baggage/Personal Property: Reimburses you for baggage or items lost, stolen, or damaged during your vacation.
- Medical Expenses: Reimburses medical costs should you incur hospital charges or other medical bills as a result of an illness or injury during your vacation.
- Baggage Delay: Reimburses for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed by the airline for 8 hours or longer. The plan covers you for the purchase of necessary items up to $300 in the event your luggage is delayed by a common carrier for more than 8 hours en route to your vacation.
- Travel Accident: Accidental death and dismemberment coverage in the event of loss of life, limb, or sight resulting from an injury occurring during Your Trip.