Located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, Secrets Akumal offers guests Unlimited-Luxury and exemplary service. This adults only resort offers Unlimited-Luxury to guests seeking a romantic getaway to paradise. We’ve Been There. Let Us Do the Work.
The natural wooden walkways aside the pools, trees, and fire pits create a stunningly romantic ambiance. All 434 elegantly appointed suites, many with stunning ocean views, offer a private furnished balcony or terrace, full bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and separate shower, daily refreshed mini-bar and more. This hotel has 7 restaurants and 2 snack bars. Beach: Akumal Beach, awarded a 2014 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award for being one of the “Top 10 Beaches in Mexico”, features white sands and clam waters.
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
434 Rooms – 9 Restaurants – 3 Pools
• Located approximately 1 hour south of the Cancun International Airport
• Nestled along the calm waters of Akumal Beach, awarded a 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice
•Award for one of the “Top 10 Beaches in Mexico”
• Three large swimming pools including 11 smaller pools providing swim-out access from select suites
• Close to the area’s most unique sites including an authentic Mayan village and the world’s largest underground river
• Snorkeling, scuba diving, and sport fishing – the world’s second largest barrier reef sits just 150 meters off the resort’s beach
• Akumal, “place of turtles” in Mayan, is home to one of the largest green sea turtle populations in Mexico
• Over 8,000 square feet of dedicated meeting and function space
• Nearby the centuries-old Mayan sites of Tulum and Coba
• Enjoy free Wi-Fi and free international calling to the US, Canada and local landlines with Unlimited Connectivity.
We've Been There. Let Us Do the Work!
Secrets Akumal is absolutely wonderful. Like all Secrets Resorts the food and service was wonderful but the beach at Akumal is special. If you like sea turtles you will Love this beach. It’s a bit of a ride from the airport but it’s worth every minute. We spent a lot of time at the quiet pool and it has a nice oceanfront swim-up bar. The Akumal area is a great area to experience. You’ll have more of a true Mayan experience the closer you get to Tulum. Secrets Akumal is our favorite adults-only resort in Tulum.
We’ve Been There – 417 Travel Tips
- Bring your own Snorkel and Mask. The snorkeling is that good.
- Take advantage of the quiet pool area. It’s so relaxing and no crowds.
- Go out and explore. Akumal is surrounded by great areas to explore from ruins to downtown areas.
- Dress casual for the evening shows. The Theatre can be pretty warm at night.
- Don’t stay in the room and order room service. Oceana and Seaside Grill are casual dress for dinner and it’s outdoor dining.