A place known for its resorts and white sand beaches, Punta Cana is the leisure lover’s ultimate getaway. Located on the most eastern cape of the Dominican Republic, the region looks out over the azure seas of the Atlantic Ocean and dense mangrove forests where a multitude of birds and animals unique to the Caribbean live.
- U.S. travelers need a valid passport to enter
- Spanish is the official language
- Dominican peso is the official currency but American dollars are widely accepted
- Average annual temperature is 86° F
- May to October is generally more hot and humid