It won’t be long and you will be navigating your way to vacation happiness! Whether this is your first time in Cancun or you been there multiple times, the information below will give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive at the airport and more information on your transfer company.
IMPORTANT: Please print these E-travel documents and take them with you.
As a tourist, you will be required to complete an immigration form and a health assessment before being allowed entry into Mexico.
Immigration Form: Mexico Tourist Card – HOME
- This can be filled out online or on a Frontier flight. However, there is no guarantee that the flight you are on will have any immigration forms available. We highly recommend filling this form out online and printing it.
- This form is required 1 per person.
Health Assessment: Iniciar sesión | VUELA-SEGURO
- You will need to create an account and fill in the required fields NO earlier than 12 hours before flight time.
As a tourist, you will be required to pay a tourism tax of $11.00 USD (pricing depends on exchange rate) per person before returning to the US. This tax applies to ANYONE aged 4 years and older (We were originally told 15 years and older but have found that to be incorrect).
Tourism Tax Link: VISITAX
- Make sure to print the confirmation you receive. DO NOT TEAR THIS SHEET IN HALF!
- Tourists can pay prior to their arrival, when entering Cancun or Cozumel or online during their stay since the payment verification will happen once tourists leave the state.
- Visitors can pay via a new website called Visitax. There will be also an option to pay in cash at the Cancun Airport terminals.
On January 12th, 2021, the CDC announced that beginning on January 26th, 2021 a negative Covid test will need to be completed 72 hours or less prior to your return flight to the US. There are two types of tests that will be accepted: rapid antigen or PCR test. Testing is required for all international travel, including US citizens. A negative Covid test will be required for anyone aged 2 and older. Written documentation must be provided to the airlines (paper or electronic copy) and include the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test.
Test Results Must State: Negative, SARS-CoV2 RNA Not Detected, SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Not Detected, or COVID-19 Not Detected.
*Testing is required even with the Covid vaccination at this time.
If you have tested positive from Covid within 90 days of your return trip date you will need to provide documentation from your positive result (must have the date you tested positive on) and you must have a letter from your licensed health care provider or a public health official clearing you for travel.
Don’t forget for everything you need to know about your upcoming vacation, visit our Travel Tips.